Friday, May 9, 2014

28: The Year of the Superhero

Like every person in their 20's, I believe that every BuzzFeed article was written for me personally. They get what's important to me. A list of 20 signs that Jennifer Lawrence is my spirit animal? Finally! See what I mean? BuzzFeed and I go together like peas and carrots. Or like Forrest Gump and a box of chocolates. Or me with a box of chocolates and an hour to kill before dinner.

Last year, BuzzFeed ranked every year in your twenties from the worst to the best year. I was excited to see that 28 was ranked number one because that's the age I'm celebrating this year.

Here's what they said: 
"Whew — 28 is the best year of your twenties. Not because of the spectacular partying (see: 22) or because you’ll magically have everything figured out (see: never), but because 28 is the year when you’re finally able to accept that no one actually “feels” like a grown-up and it’s OK that you don’t either. And it’s also OK that you never want another Jägermeister shot and that crowded shows make you want to crawl under a blanket forever. Just enjoy that blanket, 28-year-old you."

Too old to be a grown up: I kicked off 28 by doing a fun 5k in Villa Park for Easter Seals with Bryan and my friend Katie. I think I definitely was able to prove that it's okay to not be a grown up when you're 28. It helps when you're wearing blue tights, Spiderman boxers, and running next to Superman.
This is the cool comic book picture Katie made for my birthday!
Too old to not make time for family: I also got to see my Dad, Carol, Bryan's parents, and Bryan's grandparents on my birthday! We made the drive down to Minooka to enjoy some pizza at Giordano's. I wish I would have taken a picture, but just close your eyes and imagine a happy Asian woman with a giant piece of stuffed pizza and you pretty much got it.

Too old to not make a birthday wish: Birthday cake at Maya Del Sol later that night with some Oak Park friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment