Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I Wrote Some Fitness Goals - No Joke


Is it weird to make fitness goals on April Fools' Day? Will anyone take me seriously? Will I take myself seriously? I will! I mean, I do! After a year of running a 5k every month I decided to take the winter off. I swore that I wouldn't run in the freezing cold. I told myself, "Self, no more running in the snow. You hate it." Too bad I didn't tell myself to stop ordering pad thai every week, but it is important to set realistic goals.

I got a Fitbit for Valentine's Day to help track my activity...or lack of activity. Yes, it took about a week to get that Fitbit song ("Well...earlyfit, latefit, rowfit, datefit, stairfit, weeeeeee, find your fit") out of my head. But now I'm keeping track of my steps, monitoring my heart rate, and (when I remember) entering my calories. It's definitely helping me make healthier choices. I was at the airport last month and decided to walk instead of using that moving walkway! Nevermind that I was walking to McDonald's to get a hash brown. Baby steps count as much as regular steps.

I'm starting fresh in April with a few goals to help get and keep me motivated.

April's Goals:
  1. Walk 10,000 steps a day
  2. Run 40 miles
  3. Complete a 5k
  4. Get out of the house when the weather is nice!
  5. Stop eating like a Gilmore Girl
What are your goals for this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment